What Others Say
In 1970, we set out to build a new kind of law firm.
One that challenges how law firms operate, breaks away from traditional industry wisdom, and places the client at the heart of the firm. It’s an approach that has helped us set precedent - for innovation, for effectiveness, for accomplishment.
At Haynes and Boone, we have high expectations for ourselves and expect others to have high expectations for us. Whether it comes from clients, other legal professionals or the communities where we live and work, recognition for how well we’ve done is more than validation for what we’ve already accomplished; it’s our incentive to set even higher standards for tomorrow.
- Chambers Global 2013 recognized Haynes and Boone in the United States, Mexico and Latin America. Two firm franchise lawyers were ranked for their global-wide practices. The firm's Bankruptcy and Business Restructuring, Banking and Finance and Corporate/M&A practices were also ranked.
- Chambers Latin America 2013 honored Haynes and Boone lawyers and practices for the fourth consecutive year for its high-end corporate and financial work throughout Latin America and Mexico.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2012 singled out 55 Haynes and Boone lawyers as leaders in their field and 19 Haynes and Boone practices at the state and national levels.
- World Services Group, an alliance that provides its clients access to cost-effective, efficient and highly skilled foreign counsel, named Haynes and Boone Partner Larry Pascal, partner and co-chair of the International Practice group, its Member of the Year for 2012.
- Best Lawyers in America listed 106 Haynes and Boone attorneys in its 2012 ranking of the nation’s top legal talent.
- Haynes and Boone expanded its recognition in the Best Lawyers in America’s 2012 “Best Law Firms” rankings from one national first-tier ranking to seven - corporate governance law, corporate law, franchise law, labor and employment, real estate, project finance law and technology law. In practices ranked by metropolitan regions, the firm took first-tier honors in 32 practices across Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York and San Antonio.
- Eight Haynes and Boone, LLP partners have been designated “Lawyers of the Year” in their practice area by Best Lawyers in America 2013. They include Michael M. Boone, George W. Bramblett, Jr., Nina Cortell, John M. Hintz, David L. McCombs, Barry F. McNeil, and William C. Strock. Best Lawyers designates a single lawyer per practice specialty in each geographic region. Results of the 2013 edition are based on more than 2 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers. The honorees received particularly high ratings of their abilities, professionalism and integrity.
- In 2012, the Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 2012 legal directory recognized five Haynes and Boone partners: Randall C. Brown, John Hintz, David L. McCombs, Phillip Philbin and Richard Rochford. The new guide identifies the top patent practitioners in key jurisdictions around the globe based on feedback from market sources compiled during analyst interviews.
- The local legal community recognized 18 Dallas-based Haynes and Boone lawyers practicing in 15 specialty areas of law in D Magazine’s 2012 Best Lawyers in Dallas listing.
- Haynes and Boone was named the 2012 Top Corporate Law Firm in the Dallas-Fort Worth area by Corporate Board Member. Haynes and Boone has earned top marks in DFW ten of the last 11 years.
- Texas Super Lawyers designated 34 Haynes and Boone lawyers as Rising Stars in 2013, up-and-coming attorneys in their field under the age of 40 or who have been practicing for 10 years or less.
- Fourteen attorneys in the New York and Washington, D.C. office of Haynes and Boone, LLP were named outstanding attorneys by Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2011.
- The Fort Worth office of Haynes and Boone was named one of the Best Places to work in Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, 2012.
- The Dallas office of Haynes and Boone was named one of Dallas-Fort Worth’s Best Places to Work by the Dallas Business Journal, 2009-2012.
- Eighty-nine Haynes and Boone, LLP attorneys were recognized in 2012 by Texas Super Lawyers.
- Ten women partners from Haynes and Boone (the most of any law firm) were ranked among the 31 attorneys recognized in D Magazine’s Best Women Lawyers in Dallas for 2011.
- Haynes and Boone was named by clients and peers as a Go-To Law Firm for the country’s top corporations by Corporate Counsel in 2010. The firm was cited for its representations in intellectual property, litigation and labor and employment matters.
- In 2010, Law360's Rising Legal Stars singled out five up-and-coming Haynes and Boone attorneys in the selection of 120 of the nation’s leading lawyers under age 40. Haynes and Boone boasts the most overall winners from a single law firm. They are: Matthew Deffebach, labor and employment; Paul Dickerson, energy; Diana Liebmann, energy; Purvi Patel, intellectual property; Bane Phillippi, environmental.
- The Houston office of Haynes and Boone was named one of that city’s Best Places to Work by the Houston Business Journal in 2010.
- Haynes and Boone was the first Texas law firm to be awarded Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design® (LEED) Gold certification for commercial interior design by the U.S. Green Building Council. The firm, achieving the recognition for its Dallas-based One Victory Park office in 2010, is also one of only a handful of law firms nationally to achieve the Gold interior designation.
- The BTI Consulting Group’s BTI Litigation Outlook 2013 recognized Haynes and Boone in three litigation areas: securities or finance related litigation, complex commercial litigation and IP litigation. The national survey of more than 350 senior in-house attorneys asked, “Which firm do you consider to be best suited to helping you” with various legal services.
- Haynes and Boone's Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice was awarded the Chapter 11 Turnaround of the Year - Middle Markets Award in the 2011 Turnaround Atlas Awards program for its successful representation of a second-lien agent and a second-lien lender group in the FX Luxury Las Vegas I, LLC bankruptcy case.
- Haynes and Boone was recognized by The M&A Advisor's 2011 Turnaround Awards for its role in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy sale of northeast supermarket chain Penn Traffic to TOPS Markets, LLC. The company's so-called "363 sale" was named Distressed M&A Deal of the Year ($100MM and under) and Distressed Deal of the Year in the retail manufacturing and distribution category.
- Private Equity Real Estate’s 2010 Global PERE Awards ranked Haynes and Boone third among North American Law Firms of the Year for fund formation and second in Asia Law Firms of the Year for transactions based on the firm’s high volume of work in capital commitment subscription financings in the two regions. The North American Deal of the Year category honored two transactions with second and third place respectively.
- Haynes and Boone was awarded two prestigious national awards for its role representing Rise Energy Partners, LP in a series of 2009 distressed debt transactions, including the M&A Advisor Energy Deal of the Year and the Global M&A Network 2009 Energy and Services Turnaround Atlas award.
- Haynes and Boone and AMR Corporation were awarded Airfinance Journal’s 2009 Editors Award for three deals that helped American Airlines raise $2.9 billion in liquidity.
- Haynes and Boone’s Energy and Power Practice Group played a critical role in four out of the five deals selected by Oil and Gas Investor as winners in the 2007 Oil and Gas Investor Excellence Awards which honor significant deals and executives in the industry.
- Trade Finance magazine's 2007 Deals of the Year recognized Haynes and Boone for its role in the Amapá Mineração transaction, which involved the financing of an integrated iron-ore mining and infrastructure logistics project in Brazil relating to MMX's Amapá mining facility.
- The Dallas Business Journal’s 2007 M&A Awards honored two significant financial transactions led by Haynes and Boone, including the $1.7 billion merger of Boeing Co. and Aviall Inc. and the $1.8 billion merger of ClubCorp and KSL Capital Partners. The firm also served as local counsel for the lenders in the $45 billion buyout of TXU Corp, which the Dallas Business Journal named the 2007 Deal of the Year.
Commitment to Diversity
- American Lawyer’s AmLaw 100 listed Haynes and Boone at No. 100 in its 2012 ranking of the top-grossing law firms.
- The National Law Journal ranked Haynes and Boone 81st in its 2012 NLJ 350 listing of the largest U.S. firms by number of lawyers.
- Client recognition has secured the 10th consecutive appearance of Haynes and Boone, LLP in the BTI Client Service A-Team 2013: The Survey of Law Firm Client Service Performance.
- Haynes and Boone was listed No. 103 out of 200 firms on the American Lawyer A-List in 2010, a ranking of the law firms that are best at balancing a thriving business with their obligations to the profession.
- Latin Lawyer listed Haynes and Boone as a recommended firm for Latin American legal work in its 2011 edition of the Latin Lawyer 250, a ranking that tracks leading law firms working throughout Latin America. The publication recognized individual lawyers in the firm’s Mexico City, New York, Houston and Dallas offices.
Dedication to Community
- Haynes and Boone ranked 12th in a 2013 American Lawyer survey of women partners serving in top leadership roles in AmLaw 100 firms.
- Haynes and Boone ranked No. 63 out of more than 200 law firms in American Lawyer’s 2012 Diversity Scorecard.
- In 2012, Haynes and Boone was ranked the top law firm in the country for women and third for Native-Americans in MultiCultural Law Magazine’s annual ranking of the top 100 law firms for diversity. Overall, the firm ranked No. 48 out of the top 100. The firm also scored well in several other areas, including No. 9 in the “Top 50 Law Firms for Partners” listing, and No. 8 in the “Top 25 Law Firms for Hispanics” listing.
- Haynes and Boone ranked fifth in the Dallas Diversity Task Force's 2012 Diversity Report, which measures law firm diversity against the state's population and the racial and ethnic diversity of State Bar of Texas members.
- In 2012, Haynes and Boone received a Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum for the second consecutive year. A firm's WILEF certification demonstrates that women represent a meaningful percentage of their equity partners, highest leadership positions, governance and compensation committees, and their most highly compensated partners.
- Haynes and Boone consistently receives high rankings in the Corporate Equality Index administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, which ranks firms for their treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) employees and consumers. Haynes and Boone has been ranked from 2009-2012.
- In 2011, Haynes and Boone was designated as a Community of Respect® by the Anti-Defamation League for its commitment to respect and diversity.
- In American Lawyer’s 2011 Midlevel Associate Survey, Haynes and Boone ranked No. 47 out of 149 law firms for its dedication to diversity.
- In 2011, Haynes and Boone was selected as the inaugural recipient of the AT&T Legal Department Diversity Award in the large law firm category. The award singled out a small, medium and large firm for their activities and accomplishments promoting diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
- Haynes and Boone was awarded the 2010 Corporate Equality Award from Lambda Legal’s South Central Regional Office for its long-standing support of Lambda Legal and that organization’s efforts to protect the rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people (LGBT) and those with HIV.
- The Houston office of Haynes and Boone was named a Community of Respect™ by the Anti-Defamation League’s (ADL) Southwest Region in 2010.
- Haynes and Boone received the prestigious Thomas L. Sager Award in 2002, presented by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association in recognition of the firm’s commitment to diversity.
- Latin Lawyer listed Haynes and Boone’s Mexico City office among the leaders in Latin American-based law firms for their time commitment to pro bono matters in 2009, ranking the firm No. 11 in Latin America and No. 4 in Mexico.
- Haynes and Boone is believed to be the only firm to have three of its partners bestowed the Dallas Lawyers Auxiliary’s prestigious Justinian Award honoring dedication to community service. Founding partner Richard Haynes was honored in 1989, founding partner Mike Boone was selected in 2004, and most recently senior partner George Bramblett received the award in 2009.
- Haynes and Boone was awarded the 2008 W. Frank Newton Award for outstanding pro bono efforts, one of the highest honors given by the State Bar of Texas. The firm was selected in recognition of its seven-year effort that freed two Mexican nationals wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison.
- ClientConnect® is a Web-based, client-centric software application that was designed and developed by ClientCentric Solutions, a subsidiary of Haynes and Boone, to enhance communication and collaboration between the firm’s lawyers and clients. The software solution has earned the firm several technology-related accolades over the years.
- The Muzeview Law Firm Web Presence Index ranked Haynes and Boone’s firm website No. 56 on its 2009 list of the Top 100 Law Firm Websites. The index ranks law firms’ sites according to the strength of their presence on the web.
- The Web Marketing Association selected Haynes and Boone’s website for the Legal Standard of Excellence Award in its 2009 WebAward Competition. The annual awards program highlights sites that excel within seven criteria and set the standard for which all websites in the industry should strive.
- The Legal Marketing Association honored Haynes and Boone with a Your Honor Award at the 2009 LMA Annual Conference in recognition of its electronic email and video announcing its Dallas office relocation.
- Haynes and Boone was named by clients and peers as a Go-To Law Firm for Technology by Corporate Counsel in 2008, in the magazine’s first-ever survey of in-house counsel teams at the world’s largest technology companies.