Armando Cuevas is an associate in the International Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. He works on cross-border matters between the United States and Mexico, including investments, corporate finance, secured transactions, aviation, and franchising. He also deals with Mexican domestic matters focusing his practice in finance, banking, mergers and acquisitions, financial restructurings, strategic associations, and anti-trust.
Selected Client Representations
- Assisted Bank of America in its 2010 sale of a 24.9 percent equity stake in Grupo Financiero Santander Serfin to Grupo Financiero Santander for US$2.5 billion dollars.
- Assisted AT&T International, Inc. in an exchange offer launched by America Movil, S.A.B. de C.V. to acquire Telmex Internacional, S.A.B. de C.V. in a transaction valued at about US$1.6 billion.
- Assistance in the sale of Shell's downstream businesses, including supply, distribution and marketing businesses, in Nicaragua, Guatemala and Honduras.
- Assisted in the corporate and stock ownership restructuring of Farmacias del Ahorro.
- Assisted laboratories Landsteiner Scientific, S.A. de C.V. in the investment of Sinca Inbursa, S.A. de C.V.
- Representation of a private company in the structuring and negotiations of a public-private project in Chiapas, Tuxtla Gutierrez for the construction of a processing plant of African palm oil and drafted corporate related documents.
- Assistance in the representation of a Canadian bank in international financing, including lending to, and obtaining security interests in, Mexican companies.
- Implemented corporate governance rules for Mexican companies.
Selected Representative Experience
Nefab Acquisition of PDS Global
Represented Nefab Companies, Inc. in the $2.4 million acquisition by its Mexican affiliate (and its Swedish parent - 1 share) of PDS Global Packaging, S.A.de C.V., a Mexican industrial packaging company.
$1.6 Billion Mexican Exchange Offer
Haynes and Boone, LLP successfully assisted AT&T International, Inc. in an exchange offer launched by America Movil, S.A.B. de C.V. to acquire Telmex Internacional, S.A.B. de C.V.
Sale of Minority Interest - Stock in Mexican Bank
As Mexican counsel, advised Bank of America on the sale of its 24.9% ownership in Grupo Financiero Santander, S.A.B. de C.V. for $2.5 billion.
Represented Royal Dutch Shell in the sale of its downstream businesses in Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama and Costa Rica, as well as the sale of two joint venture interests.